On Thursday, 10 November, at 13:00 Ukrainian Crisis Media Center will host a press briefing “Isolating the isolated: a draft law on temporarily occupied territories”
In July 2016, 29 Members of Parliament of Ukraine have registered a revised version of the draft law No3593-d “On Temporarily Occupied Territory of Ukraine”. International humanitarian and civil society organizations are concerned that the draft law further contributes to the isolation of so-called “occupied territories” and fully rejects Ukraine’s responsibility for the protection of human rights of its own citizens residing in non-government controlled areas. In its current version, the draft law also undermines the fundamental principles of reconciliation and post-conflict settlement.
The list of press briefing speakers will include:
- Georgi Tuka, Deputy Minister for Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons
- Grygoriy Nemyria, Member of Parliament, Head of the Parliamentary Committee on Human Rights, National Minorities and Inter-Ethnic Relations;
- Hugues Bissout, UNHCR Senior Protection Officer
- Olga Anoshkina, Legal Expert of the Charitable Fund VostokSOS,
- Tamila Tasheva, Coordinator and Co-founder of the civic initiative “Crimea SOS”
- Daryna Tolkach, advocacy сoordinator of the Charitable Fund “Right to Protection”
- Krista Zongolowicz, Danish Refugee Council, Country Director for Ukraine
Venue: Ukrainian Crisis Media Centre (Khreshatyk Street, 2).
Contacts for media accreditation: firstname.lastname@example.org, +380 67 407 1863